I want to know what is so terrible about:
- Keeping your kids on your policy until they reach the age of 26.
- Eliminating the lifetime cap on benefits.
- Stopping insurance companies from canceling your policy if you get sick.
- Lowering the cost of care and medication for Medicare recipients.
- Covering preventative care at no charge.
- Strengthening fraud protections by increasing penalties.
- Stopping insurance companies from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions.
- Stopping insurance companies from arbitrarily jacking up rates.
- Getting a rebate if your insurance company spent too much on ads and CEO bonuses.
- Tax credits to small businesses so they can afford quality health coverage for their employees.
- Building and improving community health centers.
- Giving working Americans a tax credit so they can afford insurance (begins in 2014).
- Also in 2014, ending discrimination against adults with pre-exiting conditions.
- Preventing insurance companies from charging higher prices to women based solely on their gender (2014).
- Creating insurance exchanges where people can shop and compare and get the most for their health insurance dollars (2014).
(Source: azspot, via orderedlists)